Monday 7 December 2015

I Shall Not Live in Vain


        Forever is composed of nows.

        Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.

        If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain.

        Beauty is not caused. It is.

        Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality.

        Because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me;

        The carriage held but just ourselves and immortality.

        The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.

        Success is counted sweetest by those who never succeed.

        Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell.

        Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul -

        and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.

                          -Emily Dickinson





Feed Shark

No comments:

Post a Comment